Bomb-Broc Breakfast Casserole
If I could eat eggs for breakfast every day I would…and that is exactly what I did for the past 2 years of my life. But I’ve been slowing down, trying to mix it up. Keeping eggs special is the best way for me to rationalize the decrease in the creamy white and yellow fellers in my life. Oatmeal Yum! Yums! fills the gaps, but when it’s Egg Day, it’s time to make something beyond basic.
Enter the Bomb-Broc Breakfast Casserole
- 7 eggs
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 6 slices bread, cut into cubes
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup chopped broccoli
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 cup sliced onions
- 4 slices cooked bacon, chopped
- 1 teaspoon herbs (basil, rosemary, or thyme)
Preheat oven to 350°F Mix eggs, milk and cheese in a large bowl. Gently stir the cubes of bread in. Avoid breaking the bread up, just mix until moist. Stir in broccoli, mushrooms, onions, bacon and seasoning. Butter a 13 x 9 inch casserole dish. Pour mixture into buttered casserole dish.
Bake in the oven until the top has browned (about an hour). Let cool for 10 minutes then enjoy this tasty feast with your fellow egg man!
- Straight From The Earth – Veggie Stew
- Bleu-Zuke Canoes
- Scrumptious Spinach with Pleasant Peanut Sauce
- B-Milk P-Cakes W/ B-nans and Chopped Almonds
- Mushroom Sauté
Written by Nick