Quiche. Breakfast Pie of Infinite Potential!
Quiche upholds a capacity for limitless variety. Cooking (and eating) a quiche will never get boring if you experiment with different combinations of meats, cheeses, and vegetables every time you make, bake, and eat one. As far as we’re concerned, quiche is a breakfast pie of infinite potential.
For starters, here’s the basic recipe for a Bacon, Cheese, and Vegetable Quiche. Don’t hesitate to add or remove ingredients to your own liking. Below the recipe you’ll also find a list of some other combos you might like. Let us know what you love to throw into a quiche and why. Mix, match, and enjoy!
- 8 ounces bacon
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked 9 inch pie crust
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup shredded monterey Jack cheese
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 5 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cups cream
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup diced green bell peppers
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Cook bacon over medium high heat until evenly brown and remove from heat. Crumble the bacon and set aside.
Saute onions and green bell peppers just long enough to soften them up a little bit. Set aside.
Lay out the pie crust in a 9 inch glass pie plate. Evenly pour bacon upon surface of the pie crust.
In a small bowl, combine cheddar cheese, monterey jack cheese and flour. In another bowl beat together the eggs, cream, onion and green bell peppers. Add cheese mixture; stir well. Pour mixture over bacon and pie crust.
Bake in preheated oven for an hour or more while the egg mixture raises, firms up, and becomes golden on the surface.
Let quiche rest and cool for 10 minutes before serving.
Don’t get bored, try out these other combinations! Which ones are you favorite? Let us know!
- Red onions, sun-dried tomatoes, olives, and feta cheese
- Bacon, white onions, broccoli, and swiss cheese
- Turkey, apples, white onions, and cheddar cheese
- Sausage, caramelized onions and spinach
- Shaved steak, red and green bell peppers, and cheddar cheese
- Crimini, shitake, and oyster mushrooms with cheese
- Prosciutto, asparagus, onions and gruyere cheese
- Bomb-Broc Breakfast Casserole
- Jared Burgers — Balancing Quality AND Quantity
- South of The Boarder Double Decker Chicken Tacos
- Bleu-Zuke Canoes
- The Pie In The Sky; How To Reach It
Written by Chris